Homeowners Insurance - Serving Southwest Florida
We’re partnered with top-rated home insurance companies. We write coverage for primary homes, secondary homes, seasonal homes, condo units, and rental properties in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, and Bonita Springs-Naples
Three simple options
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance, though not required by law, is something that will most likely be mandated through your lender if you pay a mortgage. This procedure is put in place in order to protect one of your most important investments – your home – and allow you the comfort of knowing that your residence and belongings are safe.
Even if you don’t pay a mortgage and are not legally required to have homeowners insurance, having coverage is still a good idea. Homeowners insurance compensates you if an event (covered in your policy) occurs and destroys your home or items within your home. It also provides coverage for situations that occur if you injure someone else or cause damage to their property.
The Functions of Homeowners Insurance
When it comes to the functions of homeowners insurance, there are three main ones:
- Repairing your home and other structures you own.
- Repairing and replacing your damaged, lost, or stolen personal items.
- Personal liability if you’re held legally responsible for damage or injury of someone else.
Homeowners Insurance Coverages
Chapman Insurance Group offers a number of coverages when it comes to homeowners insurance.
- Dwelling Coverage
- Providing funds to replace/repair your home/other structures when damage is caused by something covered in your policy
- Other Structures
- Providing coverage for damage caused to structures separate from your dwelling by situations covered in your policy
- Personal Property Coverage
- Replacing the personal items in your home that do not qualify as permanent parts of the dwelling under the circumstances covered in your policy
- Actual Cash Value
- Determining the value of an item by taking the cost to replace it and reducing it depending on depreciation and factors like wear and tear
- Replacement Cost
- Replacing a lost, stolen, or destroyed item with an item of the same make/quality
Chapman Insurance Group offers a variety of discounts. These discounts depend on:
- Roof shape
- Property age
- Construction type
- Hurricane shutters/impact glass
- Monitored fire/burglar alarms
- Local burglar alarm
- Deadbolt locks
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire sprinklers
Chapman Insurance Group would love to ensure the safety of your home and the items inside it. Give us a call for a quote today.
Have a question?
Talk to an expert.
Whether you own a home or a condo, we can answer all your questions. Talk to one of our agents to find a policy that works for you.