Employment-Related Practices Liability
Employment-Related Practices Liability Coverage for Florida Contractors
Chapman Insurance Group wants to make sure that, as an employer, you are protected. You can make sure that’s the case with employment-related practices liability insurance.
Three simple options
There are a few different areas that employment-related practices liability insurance covers. These areas include claims that cover:
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Breach of an employment contract
- Violation of local and federal employment laws
- Infliction of emotional distress or mental anguish
- Failure to employ or promote
- Wrongful discipline or demotion
- Mismanagement of employee benefits
- Defamation of character
- Privacy violations
Employment-related practices liability insurance does NOT cover:
- OSHA violations
- Punitive damage
- Criminal act claims
- Privacy violations caused by a data breach
These claims should be covered by your commercial insurance, which CIG can also assist you with.
Here are a few reasons as to why you need employment-related practices liability insurance:
- Without EPLI, you have no support should your business get sued by an employee
- It protects your business from lawsuits and administrative actions
- It allows your business to use free loss prevention services to get assistance on employee issues and avoid future problems
- It allows you to be prepared for the unexpected, such as when an employee files a lawsuit against your business
Questions about employment-related practices liability? Ask an expert.
The state of Florida has about 2.5 million small business owners, and CIG wants to protect them as best we can. Contact an agent to get your questions answered.
Employment-related practices liability insurance near you.
Chapman Insurance Group offers employment-related practices liability insurance to Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, and Naples, Florida.