It’s a priority for Chapman Insurance Group to protect our customers and their businesses in every way possible, which is why we offer cyber insurance to safeguard against technology-related risks.
Three simple options
What is Cyber Insurance?
Cyber insurance is a type of insurance recommended for small to large businesses. It covers financial loss incurred after cyberattacks or other technological risks, as well as costs related to privacy investigations or lawsuits.
For example, should your system get locked by a hacker, cyber insurance can provide you with what you need to respond to the attack and recover lost money and files.
Why Cyber Insurance?
It’s important to protect your business with cyber liability insurance so you can respond quickly in the event of a cyberattack. If you keep personally identifiable information (PII) or personal health information (PHI), these are sensitive things that hackers can target.
Such coverage can help if:
- Your business’s computer gets a virus that exposes private information
- Your business gets sued after losing PII or PHI
- You have to pay public relations costs after a data breach
In order to find out if your business needs cyber insurance, ask yourself these questions:
- Do we work with PII or PHI – collect, store, or send it?
- Do we work in healthcare, education, or finance that deals with customer information?
- How would we respond to a cyberattack if it occurred today?
What Does It Cover?
If your business is affected by a cyberattack, cyber insurance can help in covering:
- Legal services
- Notification services that let customers know their information was compromised
- Extortion paid to recover files taken advantage of by a hacker
- Loss income due to network outage
- Lawsuit-related costs
- Regulatory fines given by state and federal agencies
How Much Does Cyber Insurance Cost?
There are a variety of factors that play into how much your cyber insurance policy costs. These factors are:
- The number of customers your business has
- The type of data your business stores
- Revenue of your business
- Your claims history
Your Cyber Protection Experts
Chapman Insurance Group wants to make sure your business is protected in Florida. Give us a call for a free quote on cyber insurance today.
Have a question?
Talk to an expert.
If you’re a business owner, we can help answer your insurance questions. Talk to one of our agents to find a policy that works for you.