Crime Insurance Coverage
It’s important to us at Chapman Insurance Group to protect you and your business in every way that we can. That’s why we offer some options for crime insurance in Florida.
Three simple options
What is Crime Insurance Coverage?
Crime insurance coverage is not typically offered within general commercial property insurance. This type of coverage protects against the loss of money, securities, or other assets that result from the act of employee theft, some types of fraud completed by a third party, property stolen from the premises, and social engineering (AKA impersonation fraud).
What Does Crime Insurance Cover?
Crime insurance coverage safeguards your business against the following issues:
- Employee theft/dishonesty
- This type of coverage protects you from dishonest acts committed by employees that include but are not limited to theft of money and/or property.
- Money/securities theft
- If money and/or securities should be stolen, should disappear, or get destroyed while within your place of business, you are covered. This type of coverage also protects against these events happening offsite.
- Computer fraud
- Theft and robbery of premises
- This protects property located inside your business’s premises while you are open for business or if you/your employees are robbed while working offsite.
Crime Prevention Tips
Although crime insurance coverage in Florida can act as a safety net in case the unexpected happens, there are some steps that you can take in order to make you and your business less vulnerable to crime. Here are those tips:
- Make bank deposits daily – change up your routes to and from the bank and the time that you make the deposit.
- Check cash register receipts against your deposits in order to make sure your employees are being honest.
- Mark any and all checks received as ‘For Deposit Only.’
- Keep rear doors that lead outside locked at all times.
- Keep a safe on-site to store small amounts of cash, essential documents, or other valuables. Change the combination frequently.
- Install security cameras in strategic places throughout the premises, placing emphasis on entryways and cashier locations.
- Complete background checks before hiring.
- Train your employees on how to open and close the location safely.
- Train employees on protocol if a robbery should happen, reminding them never to endanger themselves to protect the business.
Your Crime Insurance Experts
Chapman Insurance Group wants to make sure you’re protected against crime. Contact an agent today for a free quote on crime insurance
coverage for your business.
Have a question?
Talk to an expert.
If you’re a business owner, we can help answer your crime insurance questions. Talk to one of our agents to find a policy that works for you.