Crime Insurance Coverage for Manufactured Home Community Associations
Protecting your Manufactured Home Community Association’s Financials is a priority for Chapman Insurance Group. Making sure your reserves and operating accounts are insured is very important.
Three simple options
What is Crime Insurance Coverage?
Crime insurance coverage is not typically offered within general Community Association property insurance. This type of coverage protects against the loss of money, securities, or other assets that result from the act of employee theft or your manager, some types of fraud completed by a third party, money stolen from the premises, and social engineering (AKA impersonation fraud).
What Does Crime Insurance Cover for Manufactured Home Community Associations?
Crime insurance coverage safeguards your Community Association against the following issues:
- Employee or Manager theft/dishonesty:
- This type of coverage protects you from dishonest acts committed by employees/managers that include but are not limited to theft of money.
- Money/securities theft
- If money and/or securities should be stolen, should disappear, or get destroyed, your association can be covered for this. This type of coverage also protects against these events happening offsite.
- Computer fraud
Crime Prevention Tips
Although crime insurance coverage in Florida can act as a safety net in case the unexpected happens, there are some steps that you can take in order to make you and your community association less vulnerable to crime. Here are those tips:
- Make bank deposits daily – alternate your routes to and from the bank along with the time that you make the deposit.
- Check cash register receipts against your deposits in order to make sure your employees are being honest.
- Mark any and all checks received as ‘For Deposit Only.’
- Keep rear doors that lead outside locked at all times.
- Keep a safe on-site to store small amounts of cash, essential documents, or other valuables. Change the combination frequently.
- Install security cameras in strategic places throughout the premises, placing emphasis on entryways and cashier locations.
- Complete background checks before hiring.
- Train your employees on how to open and close the location safely.
- Train employees on protocol if a robbery should happen, reminding them never to endanger themselves to protect the business.
Your Crime Insurance Experts
Chapman Insurance Group wants to make sure your community assocation is protected against crime. Contact an agent today for a free quote on crime insurance
Have a question?
Talk to an expert.
If you’re a board member of your community association, we can help answer your crime insurance questions. Talk to one of our agents to find a policy that works for you.